Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Delicious High Protein, Whole Grain Banana Pancakes

I'd have to say that these are probably the best healthy pancakes I have ever had. I've had better pancakes, but of course they are the fatty, creamy buttermilk kind topped with all sorts of stuff not so good for you (i.e. syrup). Most healthy pancakes I find to be on the drier side and even sometimes bitter tasting. I love honey whole wheat pancakes, but they still need a dose of syrup on top to make me happy. Well, these pancakes I could eat with nothing on top (although a tad of syrup would only add to the goodness). If you don't like bananas, these won't be for you. While I used skim milk for these, it would be very easy to make them vegan by using a plain or even vanilla soy milk instead (or possibly rice or almond milk as well).


Ingredients 
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups of oat flour
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 2 TBS ground flaxmeal
- 1 1/4 cups of milk (if you like you batter thinner, add a little more milk as mine was super thick)
- 2 TBS olive oil

Mix everything until just wet and cook. Yum! I undercooked mine slightly so that I could freeze them and reheat later without drying them out. Since there are no eggs, there is no worry about eating them undercooked anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment